Monday 13 January 2020

SLJ Wk3 D1 A3 - Apple Vs Microsoft

Hi Bloggers,
It is now Week 3! I choose to do activity 3. We had to find 2 companies and compare them. Then we had to do a rivalry between the 2 company's. In the example they used Apple and Microsoft, but we needed to find 2 examples of rivalries. I chose,
-Stuff & NZ Herald
-Countdown & Pak'nSave

Here is what I found out about these companies.

Stuff was founded in February 2011 by Gregory Colin Hywood. It is owned by Nine Entertainment Co. It has been a subsidiary of Nine Entertainment Co since December 2018.

Vs

NZ Herald was founded by William Chisholm Wilson and had its first newspaper published on the 13th of November 1863. It is owned by NZME (New Zealand Media & Entertainment) which is owned by itself.


Countdown was founded in 1981 by Woolworths (The Australian version of Countdown). It is owned by Woolworths NZ. It was created in May 1981.

Vs

Pak'nSave was founded in 1985 and is owned by Foodstuffs. Their headquarters are in Wellington.
Foodstuffs also owns New World, Pams and Four Square.










4 comments:

  1. Malo e lelei Daniel,

    Kueni here from the Summer Learning Journey. I hope you are having an awesome Tuesday afternoon. What have you been doing these holidays?

    Ka pai on completing Week 3, Day 1, Activity 3, your first bonus activity of week 3! I like the 2 rivalries you have shared on your blog post today. I especially like the Countdown vs Pak n Save rivalry because it is such a big one in the supermarket industry.

    This activity also asks you to write small descriptions about each of the rivalries you have found not just information about each of the companies. At this point I can only award you with half points.

    If you would like to gain full points could you please edit/ update or reply to my comment:
    Describing each of the rivalries
    Telling me who is involved in each of them
    Making sure your pictures represent the rivalry

    I look forward to reading your response,
    Kueni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kueni,
    I did not realise I did it wrong, but I thought I had wrote a description about all 4 of them.
    Daniel :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Daniel,

      Thank you so much for getting back to my comment. You have done a fabulous job of explaining each of the companies, your next step is to tell us what the rivalry is or why the two companies are rivals? The last thing you have to do is upload pictures of your two rivals an example could be side by side pictures of the same sale at both of the supermarkets or for your news companies - two side by side articles about the same things. Does this make sense? Please let me know.

      Have a go at this, I will check in on this blog post soon.

      Ka kite ano,
      Kueni :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Daniel,
    I am Vitaraag and I am participating in the Summer Learning Journey this year! I hope you are having an extraordinary afternoon. I really enjoyed reading this blog post! Let me elaborate on why I like it. Firstly, you described each rivalry well. Secondly, you told us what the activity told you to do. I personally like apple better than Microsoft. I am not saying Microsoft is bad though. It is still an amazing company. Did you know that Bill Gates isn't the richest person in the world now. Maybe next time you could add a bit more information about what you learned from this activity. Overall, this is a phenomenal blog post! Keep up the astonishing work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.