Wednesday 27 November 2019

JYPW writing: My Shadow

Hi Bloggers,
This week (and last week) we have been re-writing a story from a journal of young people's writing. I choose my shadow from into the wild journal. Here is a bit about how I made my poem.

Firstly, we looked at the story (or poem)we choose and then wrote any connections we found in our writing book. Then we wrote our story (or poem) on our chromebook. Then today we recrafted it  and edited it. Here is my poem.

My Happy Shadow

Whatever I do, my shadow does.
When the sun shines on me, my shadow is alive, but when the sun goes to sleep, so does my shadow.
When I go to a sunny spot, my shadow suddenly reappears.
My shadow is happy with me, it is never ever sad.
When I eat, my shadow sits and eats with me.
When the sun wakes up, so does my shadow.
And when the darkness approaches, my shadow sleeps with the sun.
My shadow is always happy to do whatever I do.

2 comments:

  1. Good re-writing Daniel, I like the pictures you chose too.

    What about the shadow you have at night when there are lights? Can you get a shadow from moonlight? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. Good question though

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.