Wednesday 20 November 2019

BASF Kids Lab

Kia Ora Everyone,
On the 19th of November, while most of the the school was doing Athletics day Me, Ibrahim, Madeleine and Lily went to the BASF Kids Lab at the University of Auckland. It was fun and exciting.  here is my blog post about it.

First, when the bell rang at 8:50 am we went up to the office and waited for Maddy's Mum. When Maddy's Mum arrived we ran straight to the car. On the way there we had to stop at Plant and Food Research to pick up the swipe card. This allowed us to get into the carpark at the University.

When we arrived at the University we walked into the room where one of the staff told us what to do. Then we walked into the lab and started. Me and Ibrahim were partners. Our first experiment was when one of the scientists put water in a cup and put it over someone's head and it didn't fall out. They put something in it that soaked up the water. Do you know what it was? Then we did some other experiments. My favourite one was when the scientists got a torch and we could see the bacteria on our hands. I did have quite a lot so I washed my hands and then I had less bacteria on my hands.

After all the science experiments we went back to school. We got back while the rest of the school was having lunch. After lunch I had to do high jump and shot put. Then we did relays, I wasn't picked but who knows maybe I'll be picked next year! If I had the chance I would definitely go again.





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing about this. It's especially cool to see the photos of you doing Science!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mummy, hope you had a good day too!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.