Friday 20 December 2019

SLJ Wk1 D5 A3 - Sports player choice

Hi Bloggers,
This is my fourth Summer Learning Journey activity We had a choice of three activities. I chose to do activity 3 where we got to choose a sports player to research about. Me and Caja choose Jessica Watson. We had to find out her name, a sentence about what she does and a sentence about how they have helped other people. Here is our research.


Her name full name is: Jessica Watson
https://www.jessicawatson.com.au/about      Owner: Kate Dyer


She is a sailor.

The way she has helped other people is because she is a youth representative for the United Nations


I will not be doing all the activities
next week because I am very busy next week.







2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Daniel,

    I’m Dani, one of the blog commenters for the Kaikohekohe cluster for the Summer Learning Journey. I have heard some great things about the learners in the Ako Hiko cluster so I thought I would jump on and check out some blog posts!

    Well done for writing a profile on Jessica Watson. Did you know she was named Young Australian of the Year in 2011? At a young age she had a dream and with hard work and determination she became the youngest person to sail non stop around the world at the age of 16! Have you ever been sailing? My dad used to have a big houseboat that we used to sail to different parts of Auckland and Northland.

    Keep up the awesome blogging,

    Blog ya later!

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Daniel,

    Have you been enjoying the wonderful weather? Today I went out to my local park in the sunshine and had a fun time with my family.

    Good job on attributing your image! That's so cool that you worked on this activity with someone else, it must've been fun learning together! Isn't that so incredible that she was only 16 when she survived seven knockdowns and sailed around the world?

    What Jessica said is so motivational; she was just an ordinary person with dreams who worked hard. Everything IS possible, as long as you persevere, don't you agree?

    She must be such an inspiration to people who are wanting to be sailors or anything else. I remember last year when I was participating in the Summer Learning Journey just like you, I had to be resilient and stay to my word of a certain amount of work a day. When's a time when you had to be resilient?

    Don't stop blogging Daniel! I love reading your posts :)

    ~ Gargee :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.