Wednesday 8 January 2020

SLJ Wk2 D3 A1 - The Right to vote

Hi Bloggers,
This is Week 2 for the Summer Learning Journey. Today was about Women's rights. I chose activity 1 which was about Kate Sheppard. The activity was, if they replaced Kate Shepard on the $10 note who should the replace her with? I personally think she should stay on the $10 note but we had to pick someone else. I picked Jacinda Ardern.

I think Jacinda Ardern should be chosen because she is amazing. Also she is the Prime Minister! Another reason she should be on it is that she has helped people when something bad has happened. (etc. White Island Eruption)

Who do you think we should put on the $10 note next?


https://www.parliament.nz/en/mps-and-electorates/members-of-parliament/ardern-jacinda/

2 comments:

  1. Hello Daniel,
    I am Vitaraag. Congrats for making it to Week 2 of the Summer Learning Journey. Keep up the amazing work. I totally agree with you. I think instead of Kate Shephard on the 10$ note I would have Jacinda Ardern or Jean Batten. She has also helped people with different situations. Maybe next time you could add more information on why you would like Jacinda Ardern on the 10$ bank note. Overall this is a phenomenal blog post. Keep up the astonishing work.

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete

  2. Namaste Daniel,

    I really like how you’ve chosen Jacinda Ardern for this activity - it shows you have been inspired by other SLJ activities and it’s cool to see you making connections like that. Jacinda is an incredible woman isn't she, and I think she would be very deserving of being on the $10 note if it was to ever change! If you could ask Jacinda one thing, what would it be?

    This article may be of interest to you:
    https://www.magic.co.nz/home/news/2019/03/jacinda-ardern--making-nz-the-best-place-in-the-world-to-be-a-ch.html

    I would probably choose Jacinda Ardern to go on the $10 note, or Helen Clark.

    Fantastic image attribution too, keep it up! Have a great weekend.
    Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.