Friday 31 July 2020

Matariki Constellation/Macarena

Dia Dhuit
(Hello in Irish)

This week we have been doing more work around Matariki. My two favourite things were the Matariki Macarena and drawing the Matariki Constellation.

The Matariki Macarena is similar to the normal macarena but of course it not . But it is not exactly the same. It has the names seven Matariki stars (some people believe there are 9) Here is a video of how to dance to it.


My other favourite thing we did was drawing the Matariki Constellation (I mean star cluster) What we had to do was name and add the meanings for the stars. Below is what I created. Click on the photo to see more information.




Blog ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Daniel, I did not know the stars lined up with different elements like that. When I was at school we never learned about Matariki, so I'm very glad that you do now.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.